- How well do you feel you completed the requirements of the week’s assignments (inclusive of at least two TDCs, your DS106 Activity Bank Assignment, response to course readings (grad students only), critique of digital story, various responses to CU Denver peers, and engagement with other online social networks)?
I feel that I completed all of this week’s assignments satisfactorily.
- What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
I did not have any problems this week with assignments. The readings were fairly straightforward and the visual assignment did not create any issues. I enjoyed the readings and assignments this week. I found a great resource from LearnNC while searching for a supplemental reading for this week’s response. The readings expanded on the definition of literacy (as they have been doing throughout the semester), and I was able to explore more into the concept of using technology as a tool for differentiation. I think it’s important to remember how diverse the classroom is, and how it is necessary to make the content accessible for every student. For me, I have always seen differentiation as being exclusive to ELLs as well as students with special needs, but I need to remember that differentiation is also necessary for “gifted” students. Students should be operating in their zone of proximal development, and differentiation is the tool to ensure that this is occurring.
- What would you do differently? What questions do you have?
I do not think that I would do anything different moving from this week to the next. I do not have any additional questions at this time.
- What are some of the larger issues surrounding your work, particularly as they relate to exploring your focal theme?
I am really excited to start putting these concepts into practice as the new school year approaches. I am also interested in exploring differentiation-through-technology more in depth.
- Provide a self assessment of your work quality and effort on a “exceeding expectations,” “meeting expectations,” and “below expectations” scale. Why are you “exceeding” or “meeting” or “below” course expectations?
I believe that my work this week would rate as “meeting expectations”